CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Edward Taylor

Picture Extension

Excerpt:

Then cloath therewith mine Understanding, Will, Affections, Judgment, Conscience, Memory; My Words and Actions, that their shine may fill My wayes with glory and thee glorify. Then mine apparell shall display before yee That I am Cloathd in Holy robes for glory.


Reflection:

In this poem the author uses a meaningfukl analogy that his life is a spinning wheel and he asks god to take control of his life and weave him into something. After that he asks for color to be added which I interpreted to mean that he wanted the lords craft to be easily and publicly displayed. After that talks about how was made for gods glory. I thought that his analogy was able to describe his transformation very well, with the loom at first representing him and then that being used as a means to create his new self, the robes which were then colored to show gods work and then dislpayed to show gods glory.

Journal:

1 comments:

Joe Murray said...

George,

I feel as if you correctly extracted the main idea from the poem. However, I noticed that you forgot to add a journal entry and a visual. Don't forget!